NCLUG Hacking Society Meeting Minutes

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Wed Apr 17 01:00:44 MDT 2002

Our biggest meeting yet.  12 folks in attendance.  Excellent...

====================
Sean Reifschneider:

Screwing with Zope and giving up...  Next week I'm going to start
implementing the Hacking Society pages as python CGIs.  I could have
already done that 4 times over for the effort I've spent on trying
to learn Zope, and I still can't do basic stuff.  We had a big vim
discussion about nifty features.  Gave efm a copy of Python 2.2.1.
Blew my nose WAY too many times, I hate allergies.  Got SSH on one of my
boxes to recognise when I log in so that it will set vi mode.  Using the
"environment" setting in the authorized_keys.

====================
Evelyn Mitchell:

Replaced her keyboard again.  Submitted a documentation patch for xplanner,
which explains how to get it running under Tomcat 3.3.1.  Continued her
project of running pychecker against Python standard libraries.  Submitted
a patch for zipfile and started writing unit-tests for it.  Read an
interesting
article on using neural networks to transmit secret keys publicly.

====================
Scott Kleiheg:

Did extensive "research", checked his e-mail, installed SSH because SuSE
doesn't install it.  Tried to get the Flash plugin, but couldn't get it
working.

====================
Matt Taggart:

I sent a "call for talks" to nclug, learned some cool shit about vim,
talked about stuff

====================
Keith Cereal:

Wrote a bash command-line completion module for m4.

====================
Gabriel Somlo:

Made sure his new wireless card works, and it seems to.  Made a symlink and
changed the conf file.  Shopped around for a base-station and read some
documentation.

====================
Jake  Berglund:

Did some web ZClient hacking.  Doing "pair programming" with Ethan.  Worked
on the BLOG for his own site.

====================
Ethan Freeman:

Fixed his vim configuration to do niftier tab stuff.  Added notes to his
configuration for the kernel to try to get pcmcia to work under 2.4.  More
or less finished the reseller package for imeme.net.

====================
Jon Ringuette:

Brought an uber cool keyboard.  Worked on his bash script to auto-create
jails in BSD.

Michael Lewis:

Working, trying to get his Zope job board done.

Bryan Stillwell:

Got Open DivX movies working on Debian/PPC using mplayer+ffmpeg.
--
 Canadian phone sex: What kind of hockey jersey are you wearing?