ANN: NCLUG Hacking Society, May 17, 2005

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Sun May 15 17:56:19 MDT 2005

NEW LOCATION: Note that we are moving the meeting to the Bean Cycle Coffee
Shop.

   Dinner: The Jimmy John's, 1 block south on College.
   Meeting: Bean Cycle Coffee Shop, 144 N College Ave, 8pm

This Tuesday from 8pm to 11pm we will be having another installment of the
Hacking Society.  At 7pm we'll be gathering at a restaurant for dinner,
then heading over to the Bean Cycle at 8pm for the main event.

We will be meeting for dinner at 7pm at Jimmy John's.  Jimmy John's is one
block south of the Bean Cycle, on the west side of the street.

The goal of the Hacking Society is to foster geek community-building
through the shared experience of hacking. Of course, by "hacking",
I mean the more historic meaning of working on interesting projects
(Jargon File "hack" entry, sense 6). Not the "script kiddies trying to
compromise boxes" meaning which has become what most people think of in
relation to the term.

It's meant to be a sacred place full of positive hacking energy, if you
will.  Hacking by osmosis...

Hacking Society is primarily meant for you to come and work on your own
projects, as opposed to soliciting others to solve your problems (which is
usually more what goes on at an Install Fest or at the main NCLUG
meetings).

More information on Hacking Society, including some ideas for projects to
work on there, can be found at:

   http://www.hackingsociety.org/

 What no spouse of a programmer can ever understand is that a programmer is
 working when he's staring out the window.