[nclug-jobs] Senior Manager, VNOC at VMware in Broomfield, CO
Danny Ochoa (c)
dochoa at vmware.com
Tue May 11 14:29:34 MDT 2010
Title: Senior Manager, VNOC
Department: Information Technology
Location: Broomfield, CO (US)
Reports to: Director, Global Client Services & International Operations
VMware (NYSE: VMW), the global leader in Business Infrastructure Virtualization, delivers proven virtualization solutions -from the desktop through the datacenter and to the cloud-that energize business, while saving energy. IT organizations in companies of all sizes rely on VMware and its industry-leading platform, VMware vSphere(tm), to achieve a more efficient, controlled and flexible IT environment. With 2009 revenues of $2 billion and more than 170,000 customers and 25,000 partners, VMware delivers the world's most trusted solutions for virtualization, a strategic initiative that consistently ranks as a top priority among CIOs. VMware's award-winning technology, market-leading position and culture of excellence provide our 7,000+ employees in 40+ locations worldwide with a platform for professional growth and the excitement of being an early-stage innovator.
The IT organization enables VMware to function and continue to grow as the founder and leader in the virtualization space. IT team members play both key operational and strategic roles for VMware, participate in revenue-generating activity for the company, and own the complete delivery of our products and our community site. The IT team also has the charter to be a showcase for all of our VMware technology within VMware. Members of the IT team have a phenomenal opportunity to get a breadth of exposure to VMware's products and technology. The seasoned IT team leadership has experience working for leading Fortune 500 and start-up companies and is dedicated to hiring and supporting top IT and engineering talent, creating an intellectually-stimulating and team-oriented environment, and driving VMware's IT organization to be truly cutting edge.
The Senior VMware Network Operations Center (VNOC) Manager will be responsible for managing a team of analysts which provide global 24x7 monitoring of IT production infrastructure (network, hosts, databases, web services, telecoms) and enterprise applications. The position is primarily responsible for maintaining production service availability, driving internal incident and problem management processes, developing and organizing key operational metrics, and providing 1st level triage and resolution of IT server and network support requests.
The Senior VNOC Manager will report into the Director of Global Client Services and International Operations, providing management leadership for a 24x7 IT global operations team. Working closely with IT support managers, the Senior VNOC manager ensures Service levels and Operational processes are consistently managed and aligned with organizational goals and objectives.
VMware is a rapidly growing company with a tremendous opportunity for many exciting challenges. You must have the desire and ability to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment in order to be successful in this role.
- Manage a team of VNOC analysts to ensure continuous 24x7 monitoring of production infrastructure and enterprise applications
- Ability to respond and manage mission-critical production service outages, escalating to Senior IT Management as required. Ability to work off-hours (evenings, weekends) as necessary.
- Manage internal post mortem and problem management processes; driving root cause analysis and identifying problem trends for resolution
- Develop, produce, and maintain reports for Production system/network/application performance, planned/unplanned downtime, related incidents, and problem trends for IT management and key business partners as needed
- Manages VNOC support operations according to defined Service Levels and expectations established by IT management and business groups
- Provide direction and requirements for VNOC monitoring and productivity tools; addressing monitoring and alert deficiencies/gaps where required
- Develop and maintain written SOPs for various team responsibilities, ensuring consistent execution of VNOC process and continuous service improvement
- Manage a highly technical team providing level 1 server and network support.
- Ensure Operational Run-books are effectively organized and up-to-date; providing VNOC operations requirements to project and support teams as new production services/applications are released
- Establish and manage team goals, career objectives, training and development plans of direct reports
- Participate and work collaboratively with team members and management locally, and globally
- B.S. Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or other related degree
- 2-4 years managing a global NOC organization
- 5-7 years of IT management experience
- Solid understanding and best practices support of global LAN/WAN Networks, Enterprise Systems (Linux and Windows), Databases (Oracle, SQL, mySQL) in a virtualized environment
- Experience working with IT operations groups supporting enterprise applications (Oracle E-business, Siebel); Custom web applications (Lamp, Weblogic, Java platforms); 3rd Party ASP Solutions (Salesforce.com)
- Detailed implementation and operations knowledge of enterprise monitoring tools deployed in a virtualized environment.
- Strong problem analysis and resolution abilities; exercises judgment and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Solid working knowledge of IT Service Management (ITSM) processes (Incident, Problem, Availability, Service Level, Change); possesses ITIL v3 Foundations certification
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, listening) and the ability to interact professionally with diverse groups including executives, managers, 3rd Party Vendors, and subject matter experts.
- Ability to successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Strong IT operations management skills with ability to collaborate with various IT groups and business groups
- Strong customer services skills with the ability to maintain professionalism under pressure.
- Exhibits strong organizational skills, attention to detail and follow-through.
- Team player with the ability to work independently.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
VMware is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental handicaps or disabilities, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, nor any other basis prohibited by law.
Please submit resume to Danny Ochoa at dochoa at vmware.com<mailto:dochoa at vmware.com> for immediate consideration
Danny Ochoa | Internet Sourcer
VMware Inc. | 3495 Deer Creek Rd. | Palo Alto, CA 94304
Office: 650.427.5352 | Mobile: 323.327.7553
dochoa at vmware.com<mailto:dochoa at vmware.com>
[cid:image001.gif at 01CAF10D.FE85A240]
VMware's award-winning technology, market-leading position and culture of excellence provide our 7,000+ employees in 40+ locations worldwide with a platform for professional growth and the excitement of being an early-stage innovator. Interested in joining us or know someone who might be? Contact me directly or visit www.vmware.com/jobs<http://www.vmware.com/jobs> to learn more about us and apply today.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 4000 bytes
More information about the NCLUG-JOBS