[NCLUG] Hacking session in January

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Sat Dec 9 14:37:15 MST 2000

Towards the end of the last meeting (after all the light-weights had left ;-),
we were talking about having a hacking get-together where a bunch of folks
just got together with laptops and maybe some wireless net and did some
hacking (collectively and solo).  For those of you unsure of the concept,
by hacking I'm talking old-school MIT-style hacking, not the-media-can't-
differentiate-hacking-from-cracking hacking.

So, anyone interested in doing such a thing?  It'll have to be after the
holidays for me, but the question of where has come up.  The Falling Rock
Tap House apparently has wireless net, ethernet jacks, and 120 beers on
tap.  We could maybe rent some vans and have a couple of designated drivers
or something.  Also, my time at the Wired Bean last night was nice.  They've
got POTS jacks, but last night it was pretty much full.  I think there were
only a couple of tables available when I got there at 10pm.

Comments?

 I never thought I would live in a country which had a
 self-declared president.