[NCLUG] VNC?

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Mon Dec 11 18:17:18 MST 2000

On Mon, Dec 11, 2000 at 05:22:35AM -0700, Luke Light wrote:
>thinking maybe VNC could help me out, but I am not sure of its capabilites
>with the keyboard / mouse.  Does anyone have any suggestions on how to
>go about doing this?

VNC *IS* an X server -- you run it on your Linux box and then attach to it.
Stuff running under it is going to display 10:0 IIRC.  You can attach to it
equally well from your Windows machine, or from a remote location (assuming
reasonable bandwidth).

It will not give you a copy of the display on the Linux machine (unless the
Linux machine is also running the vnc client), but it will give you
persistant access to the windows there.  It's like "screen", but more
GUI.

 What country is lead by the son of the past leader, former head of the
 secret police, whos brother governs the state that could tip the vote?