[NCLUG] DNS problems

Jeff LeBlanc Jeff.Leblanc at central.sun.com
Tue Dec 12 23:01:04 MST 2000

Sean,

I don't think I flamed you in public.  If you feel you qualify to be
included in the group that I addressed in my last message, so be it.
Like Mike, I try to 'call a duck a duck.'  Also, as you know, I responded
to your private email, apologizing for the offense you seemed to take to
my initial postings on this topic.  I think that a nclug email that I
sent out publicly apologizing may not have gone through, given the frii
problems of late.

You persist in requesting the discussion be moved off the list while
continuing it in your .signature.  That's quite disingenuous, Sean.  I
guess we could pretend not to be engaging in the discussion and do it
in the sigs.  Is that what you want? :)

Perhaps I'm just a butthead, but when someone's comments ignore the facts
I feel a hankerin' to say something.  Now given that... regarding your
newest peach of a sig:  It is true that Florida law dictates a recount in
the event of a close vote.  However, any recount is circumscribed by a
deadline seven (7) days following the election.  You should be aware of that
by now.  Also, again you mention rioting (?).  Give us a reference so we can
check the facts.  This is my second request for this.

I mean no ill will toward anyone on this list, by the way.  Perhaps my
agitation over this issue comes through in some of my emails (it seems we're
all agitated over this issue :) ), but my attempt is to target the subject
and comments rather than the individuals.  Having said that, I also want to
say that I have not meant to offend anyone, and I apologize if I did.  My
thought on the matter is that all of our ideas should be able to bear the
weight of scrutiny.  If someone wants to say, "Jeff, you're full of crap,
and here's why..." that's terrific.  Perhaps I'll learn something... because
of the "here's why."  Now I doubt if anyone here wants to drag this whole
issue of the election and its problems out on the table of this mailing
list (I don't), but if someone (even, maybe even especially, me) makes a
controversial statement, he/she should expect a response.  Additionally,
if that statement is made publicly he/she should expect a public response.

Have a good one, all.

Regards,

-Jeff

Says Sean: