[NCLUG] getpath?

Mike Loseke mike at verinet.com
Wed Dec 20 15:25:48 MST 2000

Thus spake Michael Dwyer:

> At 10:31 AM 12/20/00 -0700, you wrote:
>
> >  Anyone know where I might find source to a command called getpath (and
> >strippath which may be related)? I have no idea what package they may even
> >be a part of.
>
> Source?  Is it possible that they are scripts and not binaries? eg,
>   $ file `which getpath`

 Nope, binaries:

getpath:     Sun demand paged SPARC executable dynamically linked
strippath:   Sun demand paged SPARC executable dynamically linked

 The man pages reference SunOS 4.1 even though they exist in a
/usr/local-like tree seperate from the OS (Heck, I don't even have any
Pre-Solaris machines left to look on).

> I have seen commands like "basename", but usually getpath is an internal
> function of a shell script or something.  That is, I cannot find any
> reference to getpath on any of my systems.  Where are you finding (or not
> finding) them?

 I have them in an old, old directory which has been used by my engineers
for ages (both binaries dated Jan 1991). I think they were copied over
there before they were lost or something.

--
   Mike Loseke    | ... Logically incoherent, semantically
 mike at verinet.com | incomprehensible, and legally ... impeccable!