[NCLUG] emacs lisp packages/modules?

paul hansen hansenp at CS.ColoState.EDU
Fri Dec 22 12:06:33 MST 2000

Mike,

A lot of the language support modules should already be installed. From
within emacs you can check to see if specific packages are installed.
For instance, to see what is installed relating to perl: M-x apropos RET
perl RET (where M-x is Escape-x).

The FAQ I looked at seems to be fairly up to date (though the last update
was 15 months ago):

 http://www.lerner.co.il/emacs/faq-body.shtml

If you need extra lisp packages, they should be at:

  ftp://ftp.emacs.org/pub/elisp/

Here is a pretty good emacs article:

  http://www.messengers-of-messiah.org/~csebold/emacs/why.phtml

If you want a great .emacs file, I have one put together by an emacs guru
in the CS dept at CSU. Yell if you want a copy.

I've used the sumo for installing xemacs, but there isn't one for emacs
(as far as I know).

  --Paul