[NCLUG] I was hacked!

Rob Gorman rob at emphasys.net
Fri Dec 29 20:30:18 MST 2000

I've wondered about portmapper.  I have noticed (on RH installs anyway) that
even though I have deselected the NFS and NIS installs, portmapper still
gets activated.

I have always turned it off because I couldn't figure out any other reason
for being there.  Why does it get installed when you don't install NFS or
NIS?

-rob