[NCLUG] Looking for user reviews and installation CD-ROMs

J. Paul Reed preed at sigkill.com
Mon Nov 6 18:06:44 MST 2000

On 06 Nov 2000 at 16:55:05, Milind Kamble modified my mailspool to say:

>   Just joined this mailing list in order to try out
> Linux. Can anyone comment about the merits/demerits of
> the following distributions:
> . Redhat 7.0

Don't bother w/ RHAT 7.0; I've heard nothing but... unflattering things
about 7.0, which is to be expected from RHAT. Like Microsoft, they take
about three iterations of release to get things right... so, 7.2 should be
good, but right now I'd recommend RHAT 6.2, which was the third in their
last series of attempts... and I run it on all my machines, and am pretty
happy with it. Or better yet, try KRUD.

Has KRUD been 7.0-ized, anyway?

Later,
Paul