[NCLUG] WARNING! Tuesday November 7th Meeting postponed

Mike Loseke mike at verinet.com
Wed Nov 8 08:37:50 MST 2000

Thus spake Sean Reifschneider:

> On Tue, Nov 07, 2000 at 10:56:13AM -0700, Quent wrote:
> >With the electoral college systgem the possibility of a 3rd party
> >presidential candidate winning is about the same as this group
> >suddenly preferring Microsoft Windows over linux.
>
> I don't see how the electoral college has anything to do with it.
> I mean, Nader is struggling to get 5% of the vote.  I think the
> bigger thing preventing a third party from coming close is the
> lack of their ability to participate in the publicized debates.
> Totally bogus.  See my signature...

 I seem to remember reading something in the paper earlier this week about
the next set of presidential debates *not* requiring the 15% poll showing
for a candidate to participate. I am, of course, quoting from Sun memory
which has yet to have the scrubber patch applied... Hopefully they have
some safeguards figured out to keep it from turning into another Jerry
Springer show.

 I personally should have wrote in the following for pres:

President:                   Jesse "The Body" Ventura
Vice-Pres:                   Rowdy Roddy Piper
White House Press Secretary: Mean Gene Okerlund

 Could it be any worse? At the very least, the evening news would have the
highest ratings of any program in television history.

--
   Mike Loseke    | ... Logically incoherent, semantically
 mike at verinet.com | incomprehensible, and legally ... impeccable!