[NCLUG] device configuration in linux (RH62)

J. Paul Reed preed at sigkill.com
Sat Nov 11 13:20:09 MST 2000

On 11 Nov 2000 at 09:48:32, S. Luke Jones modified my mailspool to say:

> This happens with a two different PCI cards: the 3COM 10/100
> that uses 3c59x and a LinkSys card that, if I read the
> Ethernet HOWTO correctly, should be a tulip card.

If it happens on two different cards, there's *probably* a bigger problem
than this, but you might want to try Becker's 0.92 version of the tulip
module; the ethernet card that came w/ my cable modem refused to be
recognized by the 0.91-ppc module that currently ships w/ 2.2.17, but 0.92
works like a champ.

Later,
Paul