[NCLUG] KRUD install problems, help!!

Kevin Fenzi kevin at tummy.com
Mon Nov 13 20:41:49 MST 2000

paul> KRUD 7.0 arrived today. I had to try it. No cd, so I tried NFS
paul> install -- which died 4 times in a row. So, I swapped out some
paul> hardware and installed via cd.

yeah, the NFS install is a bit trickier now that there are multiple
cd's. You have to copy all the stuff from the second cd's RedHat/RPMS/
directory to the same place you put all the first cd's RedHat/RPMS/

Did it give you any error? or just locked up?

paul> Now I'm stuck.  I'm getting a message: "media is
paul> unconnected. Link down or incompatible connection. Media is TP"

what kind of network card do you have? Do you have link light on your
HUB and on the card?

paul> I checked to make sure my son hadn't cut my cat-5

good plan. ;)

paul> My route table looks fine. I can ping myself and telnet to
paul> myself. eth0 is coming up fine during the boot.

can you connect to anyone else? (ie, is the message saying you can't
connect to the net, or is it just wrong?)

paul> thanks,
paul>    Paul

kevin
--