[NCLUG] Looking for user reviews and installation CD-ROMs

dobbster dobbster at frii.com
Tue Nov 21 14:08:25 MST 2000

kensharon.morris at att.net wrote:

> I upgraded from Mandrake 7.0 to 7.1 and it loaded
> great and the LILO put itself where it should be
> without disturbing my windows directory/install.
> 7.0 didn't like 2 disk drives (Win on C: and Linux on D:)
> but 7.1 has no problem....only annoyance is number lock
> is turned back on and menus are slightly different which
> you have to get use to...and background was changed.

I recently tried Mandrake 7.2, and for the most part it seems great.

I am puzzled, however.  I can't seem to find any of the NFS server
programs (exportfs, rpc.nfsd, rpc.mountd, etc.) on the new system.  Was
this an option during the installation?  Or is the NFS server disabled
by default?

Mark (dobbster at frii.com)