[NCLUG] Netscape Instability

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Tue Nov 21 16:23:11 MST 2000

On Tue, Nov 21, 2000 at 07:16:42AM -0700, S. Luke Jones wrote:
>Whether they're OS-supplied threads or an internal creation is beside
>the point. There's no reason that an application programmer can't get
>it right too. People have been extending OS functionality in user space

Indeed.  Last night I wrote an SMTP server that effectively emulates
threads which can process 100 e-mail connections per second using around
10% CPU time on my laptop.  Works great...

The Linux Java implementation was using this mechanism for a long time
as well.  Linux has had issues with threads in the past...

 The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own
 reason for existing.  -- Albert Einstein