[NCLUG] Urgh... This drive bites.

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Thu Oct 5 20:56:41 MDT 2000

On Thu, Oct 05, 2000 at 08:34:48PM -0600, Matt Clauson wrote:
>FYI, it would hang my P-166 type systems (BIOS Date 01-98) unless it was set

This box was a Celeron-vintage board, a Gigabyte 6z0z.

>with their 'special' jumper...  And then it would only recognize as a 30gb under

That's what that jumper does...

>Linux...  But that may have been an old kernel.   You know what revision the 32gb
>limit was removed?

2.2.14 seems to stick in my mind.  I had no problems on the latest KRUD with
my 80GB disc.

 Gone Postal Sort: Iterate over elements, any element that is out of order you
 blow away.  -- Evelyn, Kevin, and Sean, watching Monty Python and reading DDJ