[NCLUG] Cable @home questions

Prescott Oelke panick at excite.com
Thu Oct 12 09:19:43 MDT 2000

On Thu, 12 Oct 2000 01:24:36 -0600, nclug at nclug.org wrote:

>  Anyone notice a nasty outage on Tuesday?  tracerouteing back to my
>  home machine kept showing it as administratively blocked in Greeley.
>  (Yes, I'm current on my bills.)  Seems to have been down 4 or 5 hours.
>
>  Aaron
>  --
>  MTS, tummy.com, ltd.
>  Linux and UNIX Consulting and Software

Actually the last two nights my cable modem has lost the signal in the
afternoon/early evening. The lights blink for 4 or 5 hours and then come
back on and my service is back. My guess has been that either @home or AT&T
is working on the lines, but why wait until almost everybodys going to be
home from work to use their service? It would make more sense to do it
during the day.

Prescott Oelke