[NCLUG] INSTALLFEST: Draft Press Release

Evelyn Mitchell efm at tummy.com
Fri Oct 13 13:12:11 MDT 2000

On Fri, Oct 13, 2000 at 01:11:04PM -0600, Matt Clauson wrote:
> Any other outlets I should think of?

Fort Collins Radio (I don't know the station letters)
KCSU
KUNC
KGNU

Northern Colorado Linux Users Group
Media Release

> For more information, contact:
>
> Matt Clauson
> Northern Colorado Linux Users Group
> mec at dotorg.org
> (303) 882 8300
>
> (would like Matt T.'s info here)
> (would like Sean R.'s info here) Use mine instead.

Evelyn Mitchell
tummy.com, ltd
efm at tummy.com
970-494-0355

> Northern Colorado Linux Users Group Announces 3rd Annual Install Fest
>
> The Northern Colorado Linux Users Group (NCLUG) today announced an open
> invitation to the community at large to attend their third annual
> "Install Fest".  The event is a volunteer-run project in collaboration
> with other area Linux user groups, including the LUGofCSU, based at
> Colorado State University.  The goal of the project is to demonstrate
> other viable alternatives to Microsoft Windows as an operating system for
> the personal computer (PC), and to showcase the Linux operating system.
> The event will be held in the North Ballroom of Lory Student Center, on
> the Colorado State University campus in Fort Collins, CO, on Sunday,
> October 22nd, from 1-8PM.  Setup will begin at 10am.
>
> Linux is an operating system, a type of computer program that controls the
> application programs that run on a computer, in much the way Microsoft
> Windows controls spreadsheets or word-processing applications that run on
> a PC.

This sentence is too long. How about:
Linux is an operating system, newer than Microsoft Windows. It can
run all of the sorts of applications that Windows can.

The rest of it looks great.

Evelyn Mitchell
efm at tummy.com
--
http://www.tummy.com/ Consulting and Software for Linux and Unix
KRUD - Kevin's Red Hat Uber Distribution - the Freshest Red Hat every month