[NCLUG] INSTALLFEST: Draft Press Release

Matt Clauson mec at dotorg.org
Fri Oct 13 15:29:30 MDT 2000

In article <200010132005.OAA01210 at peakfive.com>, Matt Rosing
<rosing at peakfive.com> wrote:

> Are you going to demonstrate more than one alternative (like freebsd,
> os2, etc) or just linux?

We will be demonstrating things other than Linux there, depending on what
people bring in. I'll be bringing in a box running FreeBSD that I'll be
giving open accounts to people on, so they can bang on it.  I'm not
familiar with running FreeBSD at the console yet, so that may not be part
of the demo...

>>Linux has been developed by an International team of computer
>>programmers, over the Internet, led by Linus Torvalds.  Torvalds created
>>Linux while he was a student in Finland. Over the past 9 years,
>>developers from almost every country in the world have contributed
>>programs, documentation and testing to the development of Linux.
>
> Kind of wordy, how about:
>
> The development of Linux started nine years ago by a Linus Torvalds in
> Finland. Since then, tens of thousands of programmers have contributed
> programs, documentation, and testing.

That kind of cuts the meat out of it...  Noting the fact that Linus was a
student when he started the entire movement, as well as noting that this
is an INTERNATIONAL effort, may gain us a bit more attention.