[NCLUG] tulip.o - LRP, Coyote Linux and other such things

Richard Smerker rsmerker at rasolutions.net
Mon Oct 23 10:36:15 MDT 2000

Well as some of you know, I have been trying to get an
old Compaq XL5100 up and running with Redhat to
try and get a router/play box running.  At the installfest
yesterday, I learned a lot - Thanks again to everyone
who lended a hand (And a special thanks to all those
who walked by with a double take "Is that EISA?!?!?!")

At any rate, I finally got the system up and running late
last night, and with Matt's suggestion I grabbed the new
tulip drivers - And what do ya know - It works!  I now
have a box which sees the built in card (pcnet32) and
a Linksys Network Everywhere NC100 (tulip).  Its
router time!

And as an FYI - I tried using Coyote Linux from
www.coyotelinux.com, and it works very well.  With a
simple shell script and about 10 questions, it builds an
LRP like boot floppy for you and you can have a router
up in minutes.  However, it does not yet have the newest
tulip drivers - so no luck for me, but it is pretty slick.

Rich Smerker