[NCLUG] Network configuration

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Thu Oct 26 18:06:52 MDT 2000

On Wed, Oct 25, 2000 at 10:07:23PM -0700, J. Paul Reed wrote:
>> I wish I could justify a T1 into my house!
>Don't we all... ;-)

No.  I had a T1 into my house and replaced it with DSL...  Cheaper *AND*
more reliable...

>If I understand you correctly, this could get pretty messy... if you open
>up port 80 on the firewall, you can forward that port to one of internal
>machines... only one of them. Unless, of coures, you're running Apache on

I don't know about that...  ipmasqadm works pretty well at saying "forward
this connection on to port 80 on one of this list of machines"...

 "When you first started at Pacific Tech you were well on your way to becoming
 another Einstein and then you know what happened?"  "I got a haircut?"