[NCLUG] sendmail problems

Matt Taggart matt at lackof.org
Thu Oct 26 23:51:58 MDT 2000

"Jeffrey D. Means" writes...

> Why am I getting the following error in my outlook express in
> windows.  What do I need to change in the sendmail.cf file????
>
> The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected
> by the server. The rejected e-mail address was
> 'hababab at earthlink.net'. Subject 'Re: Sympathies]',
> Account: 'c667592-a.ftclns1.co.home.com',
> Server: 'c667592-a.ftclns1.co.home.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server
> Response: '551 we do not relay', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server
> Error: 551, Error Number: 0x800CCC79

I assume that your windows box is on a private subnet that is being masq'ed by
the linux box?  You need to tell your mail server that it's ok to allow your
local systems to send mail.  You probably want to allow that private
subnet(192.168.?) access. I think you want to look at /etc/mail/relay-domains.

HTH,

--
Matt Taggart
matt at lackof.org