[NCLUG] Two easy? security questions...

dobbster dobbster at verinet.com
Mon Sep 4 13:44:19 MDT 2000

Hi Matt, thanks for the help...  You guys have given me some good ideas.

> Bring the CDs to the meeting tomorrow.  We'll install it on the second
> partition on my laptop and figure it out.

I'll try.  I've been wanting to get to a NCLUG meeting, but my "boss"
hinted at having a late business meeting tomorrow night.  I'd love to
meet y'all sometime soon though. :-)

> is, oddly enough.  Something you might try doing is performing a 'bad login'
> and then doing a search for files modified in, say, the past 15 minutes,
> using the find command.  You may be able to find the file by process of
> elimination that way.

I tried this.  Again, it confirms that utmp and wtmp are okay, but
nothing else changed.

I found that the same problem exists on another Mandrake 6.1 system I
have floating around...  I'll check it out.