[NCLUG] su and root logins

Quent quent at pobox.com
Thu Sep 14 15:34:57 MDT 2000

If you're using ssh, and I can't imagine net root logins without it,
you could limit all ssh connections by listing their IP addresses in
/etc/sshd_config.

Another option would be to fire up a second sshd listening on a different
TCP port, using its own sshd_config file. Turn off root logins in the
default sshd and in the second sshd_config list the allowed
IP sources.

	Quent