[NCLUG] su and root logins

J. Paul Reed preed at sigkill.com
Fri Sep 15 12:11:42 MDT 2000

On Fri, 15 Sep 2000, dobbster wrote:

> I am using ssh, and I opted for your first solution.  I guess that
> should have been a pretty obvious one to me, but thanks for pointing
> me in the right direction.

If you don't mind compiling a couple of other packages, I'd suggest using
OpenSSH; in addition to having a non-stupid license, it's also being
actively developed, and has included PAM support since way-back-when, so
you can do all sorts of useful/interesting PAM-things.

Current version for linux is 2.2.1p4, and support SSH1/2 with all the
requisite goodies.

Later,
Paul
  J. Paul Reed                preed at sigkill.com || web.sigkill.com/preed
  If you put a gun to my head and said  "Name ten great bands that have
  come out in the last 5 years," you'd be wiping my brains off the wall.
                                                         -- Trent Reznor