[NCLUG] su and root logins

J. Paul Reed preed at sigkill.com
Fri Sep 15 12:30:06 MDT 2000

On Fri, 15 Sep 2000, dobbster wrote:

> I looked it over, but the configuration looked quite a lot different.
> Is it difficult to use in a basic manner?

I switched to OpenSSH back when it was in its 1.x days, and didn't support
SSH2; as for general usage, the configuration is about the same. OpenSSH
has removed some of the more confusing and/or poorly implemented features
of the 'stock' ssh distro (such as replacing the "FascistLogging" option
with an option for specifying the syslog type).

Overall, I haven't had a problem with it at all, and IIRC, my 'stock ssh1'
keys even worked with OpenSSH.

Later,
Paul
  J. Paul Reed                preed at sigkill.com || web.sigkill.com/preed
  If you put a gun to my head and said  "Name ten great bands that have
  come out in the last 5 years," you'd be wiping my brains off the wall.
                                                         -- Trent Reznor