[NCLUG] Planning for Demo Day/Install Fest/Test Drive, October 22nd

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Mon Sep 25 07:19:08 MDT 2000

On Sun, Sep 24, 2000 at 11:03:15PM -0600, Matt Taggart wrote:
>This year I would like to add another feature, a "Linux Test Drive". The idea
>is we provide computers for people to,

The perfect environment for this is VMWare.  I'll try to bring a box with
it as a way to try things out.  We're actually using it for training because
then we don't need a separate physical machine -- if you wipe out your
sample install vmware files, nobody cares...

It's also nice because you can do an install, then save the "system image"
so you can get back to baseline just by copying a file and re-starting vmware.

 Men are from Mars. Women are from Venus. Computers are from hell.