[NCLUG] tool to send commands to xwindows app?

Evelyn Mitchell efm at tummy.com
Wed Sep 27 11:32:14 MDT 2000

On Wed, Sep 27, 2000 at 11:26:18AM -0600, Michael Dwyer wrote:

> ObDateRant: The date says "93/12/07".  Is this 12 Jul 1993 or
> 7 Dec 1993?  Did we learn NOTHING from this whole Y2k thing?
> http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~mgk25/iso-time.html (PS: Its probably "Dec".)
> *steps off soapbox*

Well, if the first number looks like a year, then there isn't
any common usage date format that I know of which would be YY-dd-mm
where all of the values are numeric. I have seen  YY-dd-monthname,
which is mostly used in Europe. The Canadian/British dates which
cause confusion for the US are dd/mm/yy (always numeric).

I switched over to using ISO dates (YYYY-MM-DD) when I moved to the
US because I could never remember if it was mm/dd or dd/mm

Evelyn Mitchell
efm at tummy.com
--
http://www.tummy.com/ Consulting and Software for Linux and Unix
KRUD - Kevin's Red Hat Uber Distribution - the Freshest Red Hat every month