[NCLUG] Help with a DLT4000

Sean Reifschneider jafo-nclug at tummy.com
Mon Apr 2 00:35:40 MDT 2001

On Sat, Mar 31, 2001 at 10:55:43PM -0700, Bryan Watkins wrote:
>	I'm trying to see if this DLT 4000 drive is installed or what is called.
>The machine is a dell 2300 power edge with Redhat 6.1, I know that I need to

Hmm, AFAIK, the DLT4000 drives don't have read-after-write verification, so
you'll probably want to make sure you have backups on at least two tapes,
and have verified them before wiping all the data from the machine.  I
managed a couple of the 4ks in a pair of jukeboxes a few years ago, and I
ran into several instances where I had to go to another set of backups
because the first tape had a read error on it.

Your drive should be showing up as /dev/st0 -- do "cat /proc/scsi/scsi" to
see what devices are detected on your bus.

 These go to eleven.
                 -- _This_is_Spinal_Tap_