[NCLUG] Virtual Domain Hosting and imapd

Bill Thorson thorson at aster.com
Wed Aug 1 19:20:18 MDT 2001

I've been setting up a machine to do virtual domain hosting but
have run into one snag.  I have all domains hosted on a RH7.1 machine
and have one IP for all domains.  The linuxconf stuff has simple
procedures to set up the virtual domains and also virtual "pop"
email addresses.

The machine came with a vpop3d binary that is a drop-in replacement
for ipop3d.  If the user is given as name at domain.tld then they can
pop email send to that domain.  I would like to get imap working the
same way.  I don't think anything in RH's arsenal supports this.  I
found vimapd.sf.net which is supposed to do this.  There is not RH7.1
rpm and I cannot seem to get it to build.

Has anybody found good solutions to this delima?

Bill