[NCLUG] Re: Not Code Red (another Code Red topic)

Sean Reifschneider jafo-nclug at tummy.com
Mon Aug 6 23:01:41 MDT 2001

On Mon, Aug 06, 2001 at 10:13:26PM -0600, Quent wrote:
>Set it to use a port other than 80. Looks like another Cisco IOS
>style bug where you've told it to disable something and it really doesn't.

It still listens on that port, but it doesn't connect you to anything.  As
soon as the connection goes through, it's dropped by the router.  Some
people have been reporting that having it on a different port has stopped
the problem, but ours has still needed to be rebooted several times since
switching the port.

The only real solution I've found is to set up the router to automatically
reboot when the net connection goes away.  Unfortunately, this requires
some external hardware.

 If I were an Indian, my name would be "Running With No Swap".
                 -- Sean Reifschneider, 1999