[NCLUG] Cisco/CodeRed fix?

Dan Burcaw dburcaw at terraplex.com
Tue Aug 7 14:14:06 MDT 2001

I have a 675... and I've heard the following:
Supposedly firmware level 2.4.2 fixes this but Qwest won't
release it.  Something about a contract with Cisco
that forces Qwest to do QA on an update before releasing
it (I heard this second hand, so I'm not sure if it's accurate).

2.4.1 which is available from Qwest makes
the crashes more unlikely (this has certainly been the
case for me).  It still happens on occasion though
(this is assuming the web port hasn't been moved).

> The Cisco678 DSL router has been up for about 4 hours now.  I think
> it is possibly fixed.  Here is it's current state:
>
>    set web disable
>    set web remote 10.0.0.1  (probably not needed for fix)
>    set web port 81
>    write
>    reboot
>
> It's looking good.  I'll let you'all know if this doesn't fix everything.
> Thanks for all the help.

Regards,
Dan Burcaw
Terra Soft Solutions, Inc.