[NCLUG] Ridgeview Email-Content Filtering

Kirk Rheinlander kirk at kpj2.com
Sat Aug 11 12:28:14 MDT 2001

Ridgeview Classical School, the new charter school opening in Ft. Collins,
is planning on using LTSP, diskless workstations, etc. to run the student
and teacher computing at the school.

We need to get the firewall, email, internet access, and CONTENT FILTERing
in place. What I would like to solicit is input on what products to use for
these items.

In particular, the Children's Information Protection Act REQUIRES that we
have content filtering in place to a certain government mandated guideline
by mid-Oct this year, or we stand to lose any possibility of government
ERate funding for technology (as well as potentially piss off a bunch of
parents!!)

Suggestions??

Kirk Rheinlander
Technology Committee