[NCLUG] can't install KDE on my Debian machine due to libasound1 - help!

Aaron D. Johnson adj at ccltd.com
Wed Aug 15 09:57:22 MDT 2001

> I was trying to switch to kde but dselect came up with an
> error. Here's what happens when I try to install the kdebase-libs
> package:

[apt-get output snipped.]

> Now what do I do?

File a bug about it.  While it's probably already known about, it
won't hurt the maintainer to close it as a duplicate.

Or, you could wait a couple of days and try again.

There does seems to be an installable libasound1 in testing, though.
Where is apt getting packages from?  A

    grep ^deb\  /etc/apt/sources.list

will tell answer that question.  Note the two spaces after the backslash
there.

HTH.