[NCLUG] newbie perl question...

Tkil tkil at scrye.com
Fri Aug 17 00:37:34 MDT 2001

>>>>> "Luke" == S Luke Jones <luke at frii.com> writes:
Luke> I am writing some scripts in Perl and I'd like to reuse a couple
Luke> of functions I've written. Is there an EASY way to do this, or
Luke> do I have to figure out packages and blessed references and crap
Luke> like that?

of course, the easiest way is with "require".  take a look at "perldoc
perlfunc" to see how it's used.  traditionally, you make a "perl
library" (thus ".pl" extension) and you just "require" it.  this is
probably the closes to the shell "." idea.

it's not considered very nice, though.  :)

t.