[NCLUG] cassettes to CDs

Daniel Herrington danielh at ftc.agilent.com
Tue Aug 21 15:31:44 MDT 2001

I finally got a CD burner, and I want to transfer all of my old audio
cassettes to CDs in mp3 format for posterity.  Does anyone know of a
good Linux-based tool to record via the soundcard and write mp3's to
CD that is simple and intuitive?  And by the way, how about an
easy-to-use wav recorder?  I tried Sound-Studio, but it gives an error
when I try to save a recorded file... something about sox not taking
the "-r" option when both input file and output file are the same
rate.

Thanks,
  Daniel

Agilent Technologies          Email: danielh at ftc.agilent.com
4380 S. Ziegler Road 	      Phone: 970-288-0661
MS 72			      Fax:   970-288-6580
Fort Collins, CO  80525-9790  http://members.home.net/daniel.herrington/