[NCLUG] Re: cassettes to CDs

Daniel Herrington danielh at ftc.agilent.com
Fri Aug 24 13:18:48 MDT 2001

Well, it's not elegant, but it works great.  Here's my little "recmp3"
script:

#!/usr/bin/perl
$file = $ARGV[0];
system("lavrec -fq -in -d4 -q0 -w -r44100 -s -l 88 -c0 $file.mov");
system("lav2wav $file.mov > $file.wav");
system("bladeenc $file.wav");
unlink("$file.mov");
unlink("$file.wav");

It basically uses the mjpegtools to do the recording in quicktime
format, then it just splits out the wav portion of the quicktime movie.
bladeenc does the mp3 encoding.  I'm going to encode a dozen or so of
my cassettes and then probably use eroaster or gcombust to write them
to a CD.

Thanks,
   Daniel