[NCLUG] Hardware/monitor..

Michael Dwyer mdwyer at sixthdimension.com
Thu Aug 30 15:08:18 MDT 2001

> I'm starting to put together a MAME cabinet
> (http://www.arcadecontrols.com) and I'm in the proccess of getting
some
> hardware to run this on.  Since I live in Wyoming, I was hoping that
> some of the nclugers would be able to point me in the right direction
> find some Cheap computer parts stores in Ft. Collins or Denver.. I'm
> looking for a 21" to 22" monitor, and maybe a Athlon or Duron based
> machine.  Wyoming just doesn't have any nice low cost shops, and I'm
> cluless as to what's in CO.  If anyone could push me in the right
> direction I'd appreciate it!

You might be able to find a good monitor at Best Buy, but other than
that, I would advise you to stay in Wyoming and shop online.  There is a
local computer recycler, but they are probably not of much use to you,
considering you want some more recent equipment.  Consider Ebay, but be
careful...  There are some great deals on some Unix Workstation
monitors, but many of them are fixed frequency and almost impossible to
use...  Do your homework, I guess...

Everyone can suggest their favorite store.  I get a lot of stuff through
Insight.com, and was reasonably suprised that Googlegear.com is actually
pretty good, despite riding the coat-tails of a really good search
engine.  I will never work with Paragon again.