[NCLUG] NIC that won't quite seat in PCI slot...

S. Luke Jones luke at frii.com
Thu Aug 30 21:32:18 MDT 2001

Sean Reifschneider wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 26, 2001 at 09:59:27PM -0600, S. Luke Jones wrote:
> >I've got some Linksys LNE100TX cards and have generally been
> >pretty happy with them but I recently picked up a new PC and
> >while it has 6 PCI slots, the Linksys card won't seat in any
> >of them.
>
> I've done some mods to cards in the past to get them to fit better.  I had
> one friend that had a card that would fit in, but would pop out pretty
> easily even when screwed in.  I was able to make a couple of tweeks to it
> with a needle file to get it to fit better.
>
> Perhaps a small file would do the job?

If all I was transferring was small files I'd use a floppy
so I wouldn't need a network card at all.

:-) Actually I just slapped a trusty 3com 3c905 100/10TX in
there and now I'm in "close up the case and get back to 1's
and 0's where you belong" heaven.

--
Luke Jones = luke/vortex/frii/fullstop/com