[NCLUG] new X installation

Theodore A. Roth troth at verinet.com
Mon Dec 3 10:39:19 MST 2001

On Mon, 3 Dec 2001, Eric Brunson wrote:

:)I haven't had much luck with Xconfigurator since 4.x, I'm not even
:)sure if it isn't a legacy thing from 3, other people may disagree with
:)me, your milage may vary.  I've had the best success lately using:
:)'X -configure' which attempts to probe your hardware and generate a
:)base config that you can then tweak.  In most cases I've only had to

I also had great luck with 'X -configure'. It was the only way I could get
my system to work with Xinerama without crashing. You still have to do a
little tweaking, but not much.

Ted