[NCLUG] Cable Modem Refugees

Aaron D. Johnson adj at ccltd.com
Mon Dec 3 15:11:23 MST 2001

> For what it is worth, I can see other people doing DHCP requests,
> but other than that, there's not much on my line right now...
>
> A great big LART to:
>  o Excite. Thanks, guys.  No really.
>  o The &%^$% woman who stole my computer at the Library.

Don't forget to add AT&T to that list for not having the web sites in
their messages about this last week not being reachable.  Bastards.
Anyone been able to get to newuser.attbi.com?

> A Huzzah! to:
>  o AT&T, which apparently already has the East Coast back online
>  o My office so I could get my bandwidth fix somewhere
>  o this Anonymous Coward on Slashdot:
> AT&T at Home getting re-connected HOWTO (Score:5, Informative)
> by Anonymous Coward on 17:11 01 December 2001 (#2642205)
> I'm not sure it will help a lot of people, but this is what I just did
> to get reconnected. (Gotta feed the /. habit.) I'm in Fort Collins, CO
> if that's relevant to anyone. I haven't got a phone call from AT&T yet.
> But that may well be on account of the phone number they have listed for
> me is disconnected right now.

And that was my first ever post to /., too.  Thanks for the huzzah.

Unfortunately, I didn't have a working connection this morning.
Someone a bit later on in the thread (in Texas, I believe) was saying
that the DHCP servers were working for him.  I didn't get around to
trying that before I had to leave for work...

- Aaron