[NCLUG] VMWare Express vs Win4Linux

kensharon.morris at att.net kensharon.morris at att.net
Wed Dec 5 10:38:44 MST 2001

I looked into VMware and tried a couple of versions
Suse and
Redhat...had problems so ...

I am using Win4Linux and have no
problems other than
it doesn't recognize the USB port when running
on top
of Linux (Mandrake 7.2).   There are no driver issues
and no
screen issues and you can also access your
windows drive and run
programs which reside there.

Only disadvantage is you have to
modify kernel, but it
is worth it and fairly easy to do since I am a
novice
to Linux.  Little more money (79-89$) but worth the no-
problems
issue.

Ken Morris