[NCLUG] Cable Modem Refugees

Terry M. Gray grayt at lamar.colostate.edu
Wed Dec 5 16:06:21 MST 2001

Under @home, the DHCP client ID was also used to provide dynamic DNS
to your dynamic IP. Thus cXXXXXX-a.ftclns1.co.home.com would get you
to your machine no matter what the IP address had changed into. You
could use port mapping to set up web services, FTP, VNC, X-windows,
etc. to different machines if you have those services on a machine
other than your router or gateway machine. Hopefully it will all work
pretty much the same under attbi or whatever.

TG