[NCLUG] cable modems tomorrow at 4pm

Matt Pujol mattp at lsil.com
Fri Dec 7 12:18:03 MST 2001

You have to call and select the "Sales" or "New Customers" selection to talk
to a human.  Selecting "Service" or "Existing Customers" just seems to get
you a dead end recording (or at least up until Wednesday it did).  Once they
have you as a "customer" they're not really interested in talking to you.

BTW, I was amazed at how flipant the recorded announcement is on the number
Daniel posted.  It's like they're saying "look, you fools, we've been
screwing you and we're gonna keep screwing you, so stop bothering us, load
your Worldnet disk and go read about it on a dialup, good bye."

If I didn't find Qwest so distasteful, I'd probably seriously move to their
"comparable" DSL package.  The short list of things I don't like about the
Qwest package is MSN and they only offer a USB Modem unless you want to
shell out an extra $249 for the Cisco 678 (according to the phone
salesperson I chatted with).

There's gotta be a "Who Moved My Cheese" kinda book in this whole thing
somewhere.

Matt