[NCLUG] openssh and publickey

Sean Reifschneider jafo-nclug at tummy.com
Mon Dec 10 22:29:23 MST 2001

On Mon, Dec 10, 2001 at 12:28:00PM -0700, William Dan Terry wrote:
>I did create new ssh2 keys (DSA). I copied the keys to identity and
>authorization. I did the copy to identity because the verbose client only
>looked for that file by default.

Hmm, I leave my SSH2 keys as id_dsa.pub/id_dsa...  Seems to work fine here.
You just copy the id_dsa.pub to the end of the remote .ssh/authorized_keys2
file and off you go...

Note that you can force the client to use protocol 1 by adding a "-1"
option.  I've found that solved a lot of problems in the transition.

 That weapon will replace your tongue. You will learn to speak through
 it.  And your poetry will now be written with blood. -- _Dead_Man_