[NCLUG] The new ATT cable speeds SUCK tonight

Chris Wolney chris at wolney.com
Tue Dec 11 09:00:53 MST 2001

Then I wasn't the only one.  I popped on the live chat last night to ask why
my dialup that they recently made me get reacquainted with provided better
ping times to sites than their "broadband" internet.  Unfortunately sleep
came before a support tech.  I am hoping these are growing pains and that
they will actually allow me to download at speeds in excess of, say, DSL.
My pings in CounterStrike went from 60-70 on my favorite servers (Sunday) to
800-900 last night... Pings to Google ran ~850 ms @ 9 pm, ~750 @ 10 pm, and
~500-600 @ 12 pm.  No good.

-Chris

P.S.  Sean- noticed a plug for one of your apps on the AVS TiVo forum.
They're talking about implementing a CID application that displays to a
TiVo...

http://www.avsforum.com/ubbtivo/Forum6/HTML/009617.html