[NCLUG] 56k v.90 external modem recommendations?

Chris Wolney chris at wolney.com
Tue Dec 11 13:43:54 MST 2001

My favorite is the US Robotics Courier v.Everything.  If you're serious
about a modem, this is the one to have.  At work, before we had all of our
sites on VPN, we had to dial in to Europe and the Pac Rim to perform MTA
duties.  We typically didn't get very good connections, but things
definately improved with the USR v.Everything.  I liked them so much I
picked one up for home (desipte the steep price: ~$250) and it still gives
me a much better connection than my standard USR Sportster 56k x2 (flashed
to v.90).

A standard USR v.92 is now about $100, so I'd go that route if I didn't want
to lay down the serious cash for the v.Everything.

FWIW,

-Chris