[NCLUG] Re: LILO on fragile flies

dmiles dmiles at holly.colostate.edu
Thu Dec 13 12:43:32 MST 2001

Win 98 thinks that whatever partition it's installed on is C: and it will search out any other fat directories and name them with letters also. It can't see linux and won't fuck with it.

Installign Nero had nothing to do with lilo just as long as windows booted correctly.

other=/dev/hdXY
	label=windows

if you put that in your lilo.conf file (and run lilo to instanciate changes) it'll look for a boot reccord on /dev/hdXY and boot winblows normally, win won't even know anythign is strange.