[NCLUG] gdm funkiness

Darren Smith darrens at lsil.com
Thu Dec 13 17:42:43 MST 2001

I haven't seen your specific problem and don't know if this applies, but I
did have to let startx regenerate a .Xauthority file once that wasn't getting
created properly with kdm.

You can get out of the X login screen by switching to runlevel 3 (or maybe
gdm has a button for this?). Then have MYUSER login, remove the corrupt file
and run startx.

-Darren